Garlic Parmesan Matchstick Fries
A crispy and tasty twist on matchstick fries; seasoned with garlic, Parmesan, and parsley.
Servings: 3 People
- 2.5 lbs Potatoes i use whatever organic potatoes are on sale (Rustic, Yukon Gold, etc)
- 2 tbsp olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt add more if it is not enough for you
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 3 tbsp Dried Parsley
Slice your potatoes into matchstick slices. Put in a salt water brine that is about 2 to 3 tbsp of salt to about 6-8 cups of water. Let potatoes sit in water for no less than 2 hours.
Put shortening in cast iron skillet and heat to 375 when you are ready to cook fries.
Cook potatoes in batches on each side about 3 minutes then remove and place to the side. So, each batch should be cooked a total of 6 minutes.
Next cook the potatoes a second time. Do it again in batches for about 3 minutes on each side
After all of the the potatoes have been cooked place them in a large bowl and toss them with unsalted butter and olive oil.
Next sprinkle the garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, and dried parsley on top of the fries and toss until mixed.
Finally plate and ENJOY!!!
- I normally double this recipe in order to feed a family of 5 who REALLY loves potatoes!!!
- When you take the potatoes out of the oil place them on paper towels to help drain the grease from them.