CopyCat Wingstop Garlic Parmesan Matchstick Fries
I like to look at restaurant menus for inspiration when I am planning meals. We eat out once a blue moon but I kept hearing people talk about Wingstops fries! So, I decided to create my own version of their Garlic Parmesan fries.
The first time I made this recipe all of the Little Cats’ N Bearz had two and three helping of the fries!!! Unfortunately Poppa Bear did not get any because the Littles liked them that much…
I will add pictures and a more thorough description after I finish cooking tonight!
Garlic Parmesan Matchstick Fries
- Cast iron skillet (or heavy bottomed pan)
- 2.5 lbs Potatoes i use whatever organic potatoes are on sale (Rustic, Yukon Gold, etc)
- 2 tbsp olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt add more if it is not enough for you
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 3 tbsp Dried Parsley
- Slice your potatoes into matchstick slices. Put in a salt water brine that is about 2 to 3 tbsp of salt to about 6-8 cups of water. Let potatoes sit in water for no less than 2 hours.
- Put shortening in cast iron skillet and heat to 375 when you are ready to cook fries.
- Cook potatoes in batches on each side about 3 minutes then remove and place to the side. So, each batch should be cooked a total of 6 minutes.
- Next cook the potatoes a second time. Do it again in batches for about 3 minutes on each side
- After all of the the potatoes have been cooked place them in a large bowl and toss them with unsalted butter and olive oil.
- Next sprinkle the garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, and dried parsley on top of the fries and toss until mixed.
- Finally plate and ENJOY!!!
- I normally double this recipe in order to feed a family of 5 who REALLY loves potatoes!!!
- When you take the potatoes out of the oil place them on paper towels to help drain the grease from them.