Brown Sugar Spiced Ribs & Roasted Veggies
We normally only have ribs a handful of times a year. So, when I came across a couple of recipes that I tweaked and now that everyone loves them it has been hard for me to try new ones. I found this amazing recipe of brown sugar spiced ribs & roasted veggies in two separate cookbooks.
One of the books, that contained the recipes, I borrowed was from our local public library. I tweaked the recipes based upon our family’s tastes. Unfortunately, I ended up having to purchase it because they stated ??? I ripped part of the cover. I try and use it as often as possible in order to get my money’s worth!
Give this recipe a try because it is one of the simplest rib recipes I have tried in years. I promise you will not be disappointed!
First, Preheat the oven to 275 Degrees F then add all of the spices to a bowl and mix. Now, turn the ribs over to opposite side where the meat is. Next, you need to remove the skin on the underside of the ribs. Use your hands and a knife and cut that skin away from the ribs. The skin will peel away in one layer if you take your time and go slow. Put the ribs in a roaster so they are not touching the bottom of the pan. Then you sprinkle your spice mix all over the ribs and evenly coat them.
Brown Sugar Spiced Ribs
- Roasting Pan
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar packed
- 3 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Regular Paprika
- 2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Ground Mustard Powder
- 2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Cayenne
- 2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp White Pepper
- 1 Rack Pork Ribs
- Preheat the oven to 275 Degrees F
- In a medium bowl, blend the brown sugar and all of the spices.
- Now, turn the ribs over to opposite side where the meat is. Next, you need to remove the skin on the underside of the ribs. Use your hands and a knife and cut that skin away from the ribs. The skin will peel away in one layer if you take your time and go slow.
- Place the ribs meaty side up on the rack in the roasting pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar spices over the meaty side of the ribs until fully coated.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake for about 3 hours. I bake it uncovered so keep an eye on the time. You can also place foil over the pan while baking.
- When the ribs are done you can grill the ribs on each side for about 3-5 minutes. In order to do this you will need to start the grill 30 minutes before the cooking time is over so it will be ready when the ribs are complete. This will send your ribs to the next level and give them a smokey charred flavor also.
- Remove from heat and slice the ribs close to the bone