How to Make a 20 Minute Chocolate Walnut Fudge
Here is a super simple and quick take on a version of chocolate fudge that everyone in your household will love! This recipe only takes about 20 minutes to make, then you let it rest for about 2 hours before enjoying.
20 Minute Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Medium Sauce Pan
- 9×13 Baking Pan
- Heat proof Bowl
- Aluminum Foil
- 1 lb Semisweet Chocolate chopped
- 2 oz Unsweetened Chocolate chopped
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Walnuts chopped (In the consistency your family prefers)
- Make a foil wrap by cutting two sheets of aluminum foil slightly longer than each side of the 9×13 pan. Lay the sheets of foil perpendicular to one another and leave the excess to hang over the edges. Press the foil down as tightly as possible. Now grease the foil with your oil preference.
- Add semisweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, baking soda, and salt in a HEATPROOF bowl. Mix so the baking soda gets distributed evenly.
- Next, stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Place bowl over a saucepan of about 2 – 3 cups of simmering water. Mix until chocolate is almost completely melted. It will take about about 2 – 4 minutes.
- Remove bowl from over the simmering water and continue to stir for about 2 minutes until smooth. Add walnuts and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer fudge to 9×13 pan and spread until it is evenly distributed with a spatula. Refrigerate for about 2 hours until it is set.
- Remove fudge from pan by holding opposite corners of foil to lift. Now cut into squares and enjoy!!!
- By adding a small amount of baking soda it reacts to the acid in the chocolate and alters the pH. Thus causing the fudge to be drier and firmer!!!
- You can also substitute with a different nut (instead of using walnuts) that you and/or your family prefer!!!
- If you like your fudge thicker than you should use an 8 x 8 or 9 x 5 pan!!!
- After the fudge has been refrigerated for 2 hours I sprinkle with kosher salt!
- THE FUDGE IS GOOD FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS REFRIGERATED AND IF YOU FREEZE IT THEN IT IS GOOD FOR UP TO 3 MONTHS!!!