Chili’s Skillet Queso w/Sausage
Here is my go to Queso recipe. It is not only quick but it is also simple!!! Most of the ingredients can be found in your pantry if you keep a stocked kitchen.
I will add pictures and notes after I prepare the queso!!!
CopyCat Chili’s Skillet Queso w/Sausage
- small cast iron skillet (individual size)
- 8 oz Italian Sausage or Breakfast Sausage (whatever you have in your fridge!!!)
- 16 oz Velveeta Cheese (I use the store brand)
- 15 oz Hormel Chili (no beans and not chunky)
- 1 cup Milk whole
- 4 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Brown your sausage. When it is through cooking drain grease and put it aside in a bowl.
- Cut up Velveeta into cubes.
- Combine cheese and all of the other ingredients in a saucepan and cook over Medium heat. Stir constantly until cheese melts. Once it melts turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the meat to the cheese mixture during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve with tortilla chips and ENJOY!!!
- I add about a 1/4 cup of ranchero cheese (Queso Fresco) to my Queso mixture right before serving!!!